The twenty year anniversary of iconic 90's show Saved By the Bell gave me the excuse this week to talk about the 90's.
So I took this occasion to rank the biggest 90's TV Stars from the 90's as a way to pay proper tribute to the cast from Bayside.
Now pre-social media, evaluating stardom is a tricky endeavor. There were no likes, followers, views or impressions to tabulate. Rather we had covers, water cooler talk and guest appearances to gauge the level of stardom. Simpler times.
Without further ado, here is my ranking of the Top 5 Biggest 90's TV Stars:
Other receiving votes: Dennis Franz, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, The Olsen Twins
5.Tiffany Amber Thiessen
- Fun fact, I've never seen an episode of 90210. Someday when I need an injection of pure 90's, Ill binge the show and find whatever comfort I need being embraced by all things 90's culture. But in the meantime, Kelly Kapowski is enough for me to rank the brunette bombshell fifth on this list of mega stars.
- If you were a teenager or older at any point in the 90's, you had several conversations weekly about Pamela Anderson. A Playboy playmate and star of trashy beach theater Baywatch, she maxed out her star power as one of the world's most recognizable stars for most of the decade. Plus as an added bonus she made a viral video before viral videos were a thing!
- Friends was a mega hit with of mega stars from the 90's. Truthfully, just about the entire cast could've comprised this list and it would've been justified. But Jennifer Aniston gets the nod from me because, well, it's my list. I didn't even watch Friends, it was terrible, but Rachel Green is still somehow permanently etched in my brain.
- Not only was Will Smith one of the biggest stars on the planet in the 90's, the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was one of the best show of that decade. Its still re-watchable to this day and I'd argue its still Will Smith's best work. Theme songs, comedy, drama and still gif-able in 2020, there was nothing entangled about Will Smith from the 90's.
- If you are making lists about TV shows and the 90's, there is no debate about what show and who resides at the top. Seinfeld practically raised me. The least I can do is return the favor by putting him #1 on this list