Right now, if you simultaneously owned a team in all four major professional sports and each league was concurrently re-drafting the entire league, who would you take?
That sounds like an insane hypothetical but in 2020 it falls somewhere in the range of totally possible.
After watching young athletes from across all sports make huge star turns, I decided it would be fun to countdown which five athletes you would want to start a franchise with right now in sports.
Without further ado, here is this weeks Top5 Thurs: Top 5 Athletes You'd Start a Franchise With Right Now:
- Yes, this is premature. But go big or go home. He's Neo from The Matrix. He is The One. Kyler's resume of one of the greatest high school QB's in Texas history, to Heisman winner at Oklahoma to first round MLB Draft pick to #1 overall pick to NFL Rookie of the Year is impeccable. And he's just getting started.
- Maybe the only curveball on the list, Tatum isn't as celebrated as other young NBA stars but he's probably going to end up having a better career than just about all of them. 6'8, can score from anywhere on the floor, shooting over 40% from 3 point land in the playoffs on over 7 attempts per game, Tatum is a force to be reckoned with.
- The Greek Freak is a sight to behold. Checking in at a frisky 25, Giannis has already become one of five NBA players to win MVP and Defensive Player of the Year awards in his career. The only thing stopping Giannis from true super-duper stardom is an NBA Championship. Something tells me we won't have to wait too much longer for the Freak to check that box.
- Maybe this is recency bias but Doncic is 21 and has already set multiple records in his postseason debut. He has the game, the confidence, the resume and most importantly the hair to emerge as the next big thing in the NBA.
- His first three years are already what legends are made of. He's won a Super Bowl, a Super Bowl MVP, a league MVP and scored the first half billion dollar contract in professional sports. The crazy part is, those all just feel like the tip of the iceberg. I'm happy to be living in Patrick Mahomes's world.