While the NBA Finals featuring the Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks may be getting a little too close for comfort for most Suns fans, it may also produce an incredible opportunity:
A Game 7 at home.
Since 1990, there have only been give NBA Finals that have gone to a Game 7 and if this Suns/Bucks series continues on its current path, that would make six times in the last 31 years.
Not only that, it would be Game 7 in Phoenix for a chance to win the first title in Phoenix Suns franchise history. Its almost like it was meant to be. But first, they've got to get there or not, I don't think Suns fans would complain if they wrapped up this bad boy in six games.
Even the possibility of a Game 7 was enough to inspire this week's Top 5 Thursday: Top 5 Bucket List Sporting Events.
Which sporting events would you fork over top dollar, premium ticket prices and travel accommodations just to say you were there?
Here is my list.
Top 5 Bucket List Sporting Events
5. Sunday at The Masters with a loaded leaderboard
- There are not many things that happen at a golf course country club that scream pure, unadulterated fun but a gigantic mass of golf fans in a horde of a gallery following every swing, chip and putt does. I wouldn't want to pay top dollar for just any matchup, think Tiger vs. Phil or something similar but a chance to walk the back 9 with history on the line sounds like a helluva good time.
4. Baseline seat for NBA Dunk Contest with strong lineup
- Again, I would not pay top dollar for an NBA Dunk Contest headlined by Anfernee Simons, but if you gave me a field of Zion, Ja, Zach Lavine and Aaron Gordon its a different story. The energy during incredible dunk contests is palpable through the screen, add in the massive amount of NBA stars and legends and it equals me emptying my credit line.
3. Game 7 of the World Series
- I've been to the only Game 7 in Phoenix championship history during the 2001 World Series. It was more epic than I would have ever imagined. Watching Randy Johnson emerge from the bullpen and Luis Gonzalez beat the unbeatable Mariano Rivera should've been enough to scratch this off my list, I'm greedy. Baseball game 7's are almost always great. Tense, full of heroic athletic performances and wildly unpredictable. Sign me up for more.
2. Game 7 of the NBA Finals
- Someone is going to be a career and life changing hero and someone is almost certainly going to be a career and life changing goat. The stakes for an NBA championship are incredible as far as narratives are concerned and the tension of watching a game where every player on the court has to play both offense and defense against each other is absolutely incredible. I'd recommend giving your family a heads up now because if Game 7 rolls into Phoenix, you won't have any choice but to back up the Brinks truck.
1. Mens World Cup Final featuring Team USA
- A worldwide spectacle that would feature the biggest underdog story in sports history combined with the sheer insanity of the soccer crazed crowd which would lead me to endure an endless plane trip to a foreign land with unfamiliar food. This is the sporting event to end all sporting events and I would find any way possible to attend.