Welcome to my Football 5's. Each week, I'll make this your one stop shop for NFL hot takes, best bets and fantasy football nuggets. And then we'll dance.
For my best and worst teams, I'll be using the anti-college football model. Meaning, I'll react to what has actually happened as opposed to what I think could happen.
For my MVP list, the most compelling combination of narrative and production will fuel my weekly rankings.
For my best bets, I'll be using the DraftKings Sportsbook App (use promo code: 910).
For fantasy football, Ill be using my 23 years of playing fantasy football.
Everything else is pretty much explained in the title so let's get to it.
Top 5: Best Teams
- Tampa Bay - The defending champs stay at the top until someone comes around and knocks them off.
- Kansas City - I'd take the Chiefs right now in a rematch vs. TB but there are consequences for losing.
- Arizona - The top two teams are in a tier of their own, the rest is up for grabs and the Cards balance and play of Kyler Murray puts them at #3 for me.
- Seattle - Russell Wilson tossed 4 TD's and the pass rush harrassed the Colts; it must be in the water in the NFC West.
- Pittsburgh - Out of sheer respect for their defensive dominance because Big Ben dropped a big deuce again.
Top 5: Worst Teams
- Jacksonville - They got boat raced by the Texans and Urban Meyer compared an NFL team to Alabama - two big red flags.
- Atlanta - So maybe drafting a TE over a QB in the top 5 wasn't a stroke of genius? Huh.
- New York Giants - The Giants have passed on Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Justin Fields and Mac Jones so they could have Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones.
- Minnesota - Everything about the Titans of the NFC stinks this season. Mike Zimmer isn't gonna make it to October.
- Green Bay - By actual performance, they were the worst. By Aaron Rodgers hair, they were the worst.
Top 5: MVP
- Russell Wilson - The sentimental favorite so we can all stop talking about how he's never won an MVP.
- Kyler Murray - Someone the Oakland A's would benefit from this as well as the Cardinals and the NFL.
- Tom Brady - Are we bored of Brady? Not at 44. If he's within striking distance, he can't be counted out.
- Jameis Winston - This will either be the last time he appears on this list or he's going to win it, there's no in between.
- Joe Burrow - Patrick Mahomes has to throw 60 TD's to win, Burrow has to lead the Bengals to 9 wins.
Top 5: Best Bets
- NE -5.5 @ NYJ
- CIN +3 @ CHI
- PIT -5.5 vs. LVG
- PHI +5.5 vs. SF
- HOU +12.5 @ CLE
Top 5: Waiver Wire Adds
- Elijah Mitchell - The SF backfield is up for grabs and Mitchell has a head start on everyone.
- Carlos Hyde - Urban Meyer is dumb enough to do it so time to take the plunge.
- Jameis Winston - If Jameis is still available in your league, its time to take action.
- Rondale Moore - Moore caught 4 passes on Sunday and felt wildly underutilized.
- Corey Davis - If you're in a league where 7 teams auto drafted.