A fresh episode of Hard Knocks dropped so let's dive in Kelvin Beachum dives into a bag of popcorn:
- We get an early scene with GM Steve Keim telling us that injuries make his job difficult. Nothing from Keim on how whiffing on draft picks/classes and free agent signings also make his job hard.
- Colt McCoy is shown pounding the table for the team to focus on details. I'm think the Cardinals might be a Super Bowl contender with Coach Colt.
- Kelvin Beachum keeps things real simple with rookie G Lecitus Smith, imploring the rookie to "play football!" when the rookie overthinks a screen.
- Beachum is then shown dealing with a pain near his appendix. He'd take a trip to the ER and ultimately be diagnosed with something "itis" in Beachum's words. Somehow none of this made its way to the public until tonight.
- We also get a great line from Beachum on pressure: "Pressure either makes diamonds or busts pipes."
- The Budda Baker comeback story begins - the team legitimately believed he was out a few weeks. I can't help but think the Hard Knocks cameras helped the healing process.
- Last week it was Michael Bidwill as a pilot, this week's Hard Knocks Bingo was "JJ Watt as a new dad". Somehow JJ Watt is more impressive as a dad than a defensive lineman.
- We also see Kyler Murray cussing out the rookie OL Lecitus Smith at the offensive team dinner. I don't think Colt McCoy would approve.
- Then its the Rams game and the job the OL did on Aaron Donald. Aaron Donald is a lock for 4 sacks this weekend after watching this.
- More impressive moments of Colt McCoy positively addressing teammates, keeping an even keel and making the right decisions. These are all things Kyler can do, let's hope we see him do a real Colt McCoy impression the rest of the way.
- Star of the Show:
Kelvin Beachum and his popcorn love. Beachum's leadership and production over the last few seasons makes him one of Steve Keim's best signings as GM.